The campus community is encouraged to remember that following the listed preventive actions can greatly reduce your susceptibility to this virus.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially before you eat or drink and before personal care which involves touching the face, nose or lips. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
To help prevent spreading the virus to others, the following steps are recommended.
- If you get influenza-like illness symptoms, stay home from work or school except to seek medical care and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.