- Instruction & Campus Life
- Housing & Residence Life
- Campus Offices/Services Schedule [Updated 3/19/20]
- Campus Dining
- Regional Campuses
- Model Laboratory School
- Events [Updated 3/18/20]
EKU’s Response to COVID-19
COVID-19 Exposure at EKU
Instruction and Campus Life
Are classes canceled?
All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses. EKU online courses (eCampus) will continue to follow their original schedule.
Students should expect to hear from faculty by Wednesday, March 18, about the extension of remote instruction until the end of the 2020 spring semester.
Any requests for accessibility services may be made through the Center for Student Accessibility at https://accessibility.eku.edu/online-application-services.
Will campus remain open?
What is EKU doing to protect the campus community?
Are campus events canceled?
Is commencement canceled?
What are EKU’s instructions to those who have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
How should managers and employees prepare?
What office should I contact if I’m worried about my health?
What changes has EKU made to travel regulations in order to make sure our students and faculty are safe?
Are the residence halls closed?
As stated in the President's email, all residential buildings will be closing for the rest of the semester. This closure includes the Grand Campus apartments.
Students will be required to return to their permanent residences away from campus.
Move-out will begin on March 18, 2020 and go through April 1, 2020. Students will need to completely move out of their hall during this time. For health reasons, only one guest per student can enter the building to assist with moving out.
A process is being developed for crediting student accounts for housing. Further information will be communicated directly to affected individuals.
How do I move out?
Students must sign up for a time to check-out at the link that was sent directly to their email. When signing up for a check-out time, remember that this is the time you will be checking out, not your arrival time. Students need to be completely moved out before they turn in their key/fob at the front desk at the selected check-out time.
If I have checked out of the residence halls but still have my key and fob, how do I return it?
Please mail back your key and fob by putting them in a bubble wrap envelope and tape them to the inside. This type of envelope is needed to ensure that the envelope doesn’t rip open in the mail. Please include a note with your name, and EKU ID number and address the envelope to:
EKU Housing & Residence Life
Whitlock CPO 51
521 Lancaster Ave
Richmond, KY 40475
What will happen to any of my mail or packages that are scheduled to come to campus?
As of Monday, March 16, all mail and packages will be managed by the EKU Mail Service Center in the plaza level of Powell and will be available there for pickup.
There will be no visitation permitted for any residents granted the ability to stay here or to retrieve items in the residence halls. As stated above, one guest per student can enter the building to assist with moving out.
Which food services options will be available on campus?
Campus Offices & Services
- Admissions: Visits and events canceled until further notice.
- Advising: Meetings will be conducted in alternative formats. Check your EKU email for information or email your assigned advisor for instructions.
- Big E Transit: Yellow Route Schedule [PDF]
- Bookstore: 8 am-5 pm. Closed to all in-person traffic. More information at shopeku.com.
- Bratzke Student-Athlete Academic Success Center: Bratzke Student-Athlete Academic Success Center: Bratzke Center will be transitioning all meetings, tutoring , advising and mentoring sessions, and other services to fully online. Any previously scheduled appointments will be postponed until the week of March 23rd when our services will be available online during the time EKU is on alternative instruction. Bratzke Center Virtual Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00AM -4:30PM. Bratzke Center Staff is available via phone and email- for please check https://saasc.eku.edu/people for our contact information. Please contact Bratzke Tutoring Coordinator Keith Sconiers at firstname.lastname@example.org for any tutoring inquires.
Burrier Child Development Center: CLOSED beginning March 16, and will remain closed until Model resumes in-person classes, or until further notice.
- Campus Recreation: Closed. More information at https://campusrec.eku.edu
- Center for Student Accessibility: Available by email (email@example.com). Virtual tutoring is available, more information at https://accessibility.eku.edu.
- Colonels Cupboard: Open and operating with one-on-one appointments. More information at https://communityservice.eku.edu/Cupboard
- Conduct and Community Standards: available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to make a report regarding alleged student misconduct, you can make a report on our online submission form.
- Counseling Center: available by phone (859-622-1303) Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If you need to speak with a clinician, call EKUCC (859-622-1303) between 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Friday to speak by phone with the clinician on call. More information at https://counselingcenter.eku.edu/insidelook/office-hours-march-16-march-20-services-response-covid-19.
- Dean of Students Office: available by phone at (859-622-3436) or email (email@example.com).
- Eastern Scholar House Head Start: CLOSED March 16-20
- Financial Aid & Scholarships: Available by phone Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm by calling 859-622-2361. We can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Year Courses: All Student Success Seminars (ASO, BTO, EDO, GSD, HON, HSO, JSO, and SCO courses) will be taught online for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester. Students should email their instructors directly regarding changes to course syllabi and schedules. More information at https://firstyearcourses.eku.edu/
- Health Services: Operating on a phone triage system, beginning Monday, March 16. Clinic hours will remain the same: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Students with an acute illness or other need will call the main number: 859-622-1761 and choose the appropriate option. If SHS staff determine the student should be seen, an appointment will be provided.
- Hummel Planetarium: The Hummel Planetarium will be closed to the public March 16-April 4. More details and contact information available at planetarium.eku.edu.
- Latino Recruitment and Retention: Contact office via email at email@example.com.
- Library: Open to students, faculty and staff 8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday; no item checkout. Online help is available. More information at https://library.eku.edu/
- Mail Services: Fully operational. Call (859) 622-1905 for more information.
- Multicultural Student Affairs: Multicultural Center is closed. More information at https://omsa.eku.edu.
- Noel Studio: Consultations are available ONLINE ONLY for Spring 2020; the space will be closed for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. Students can schedule online consultations at studio.eku.edu and learn more about the process at studio.eku.edu/online-consultations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns, or for assistance; our staff are working remotely and responsive via email.
- Office of Military and Veterans Affairs: Normal operating hours, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, due to COVID-19, we will be conducting business via email and telephone only through Friday, April 3rd, 2020. If students have an emergency or need access to the printers, they should contact OMVA immediately during normal operating hours.
- Parking and Transportation: Normal Hours
- Powell Student Center: First floor only open to students and employees 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Printing Services: Starting Monday, March 23rd, EKU Printing Services will be limiting our in-house operations. We are still available for all of your printing needs. We are monitoring email@example.com and will have a member of our staff in the office each morning until 10 AM to asses our needs and to bring in staff on an as needed basis.
- Public Safety: Normal Hours
- Student Life: Available by phone and email during normal operating hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Call (859) 622-3855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website for virtual engagement opportunities - https://studentlife.eku.edu
- Student Outreach & Transition Office (SOTO): Office is closed, but staff are available to answer calls, emails or return messages from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Virtual appointments can be made at:
- Student Success Center: Tutoring and mentoring services are all available online. Students will make appointments through AccuCampus and sessions will be delivered with Zoom. For instructions to make an appointment, go to https://successcenter.eku.edu/onlineappointments.
Our course coverage has not been impacted, and tutoring will be available online Monday-Wednesday 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- The Greg Adams Indoor Tennis Center will be temporarily closed March 12-23. More information available at https://tenniscenter.eku.edu/.
Starbucks: Beginning March 16 open daily Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
To-go orders only; no dine-in available.
Stratton Cafe: Open Monday-Friday, 7-10 a.m., 11 a.m.-1 p.m., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
To-go only; no dine-in available.
All other venues are closed.
- Case Kitchen: CLOSED
- Case Food Court: CLOSED
- Chick-fil-a: CLOSED
- Einstein Bros CLOSED
- Moe's: CLOSED
- Panda Express: CLOSED
- POD Market: CLOSED
- Steak-n-Shake: CLOSED
- Subway: CLOSED
Beginning March 27, EKU Corbin will be closed to all in-person traffic and operating remotely until further notice. Our remote hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. You can reach EKU Corbin by phone at 606-528-0551 or by email at email@example.com. All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses.
Beginning March 27, EKU Manchester will be closed to all in-person traffic and operating remotely until further notice. Our remote hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. You can reach EKU Manchester by phone at 606-598-8122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses.
EKU Hazard at University Center of the Mountains will be will be operating remotely until further notice. All visitors should contact us by phone at 606-487-3209 or by email at email@example.com for questions. All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses.
Beginning March 27, EKU Lancaster will be closed to all in-person traffic and operating remotely until further notice. Our remote hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. You can reach EKU Lancaster by phone at (859) 622-7108 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses.
School of Justice Studies at Regional Campuses & Sites (SJS at RC&S)
Corbin and Manchester Campuses, Big Sandy (BSCTC) Pikeville and Prestonsburg Sites, Elizabethtown (ECTC) Elizabethtown Site, Hazard (HCTC) Hazard Site, Mountain Empire (MECC) Big Stone Gap, VA. Site, Somerset (SCC) Somerset Site, Southeast (SECTC) Cumberland, Middlesboro, and Whitesburg Sites.
Beginning March 27, EKU SJS at RC&S will be operating remotely until further notice. You can reach us by phone at (859) 622-6710 or by email at email@example.com for questions. All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses.
EKU Regional Stewardship will be open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Visitors should contact by phone at 859-622-8865 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Model Laboratory School
The decision has been made to cancel/postpone the March 18-19, 2020 Grad Fest. We are considering a modified version of the event tentatively in April to allow graduates to pick up commencement regalia. Please visit https://registrar.eku.edu/graduation-celebrations for more information and updates.
EKU Health Fair scheduled for March 25, 2020 is canceled.
Outstanding First-Year Student Awards
The Annual Outstanding First-Year Student Awards scheduled for March 31 has been cancelled. Certificates of achievement will be available in the Office of First-Year Courses, Whitlock 346 once students are allowed to return to campus. Winners should expect to receive a link to a pre-recorded awards ceremony that will announce students’ names and what their nominating instructors had to say about their performance in the classroom. All nominees are encouraged to apply to be First-Year Leaders in Fall 2020. Visit the First-Year Leader website to learn more. Interviews will take place either in April, either in-person or virtually depending on the situation. Please send questions to email@example.com.
Following the widespread suspension of collegiate athletics competitions, all OVC member institutions will cancel athletic-related activities, including all games through the end of the academic year and formal practices until April 3, 2020. Read more about the decision here.
The following EKU Center events are postponed. We are in the process of rescheduling these dates.
- March 19, 2020 – Combating the Opioid Crisis Featuring the Film Beautiful Boy (POSTPONED)
- March 24-25, 2020 – Blue Man Group (POSTPONED)
- March 29, 2020 – RAIN - A Tribute to the Beatles (POSTPONED)
- April 2, 2020 – Chonda Pierce (POSTPONED)
- April 3, 2020 – MasterChef Junior Live (POSTPONED)
- April 16, 2020 – Jerry Seinfeld (POSTPONED)
- April 22, 2020 – The Bachelor Live On Stage (POSTPONED)
- May 15, 2020 – Baby Shark Live (POSTPONED)
Embracing Change Conference
The Embracing Change Conference originally scheduled for March 27, 2020, has been canceled.
How can I help prevent illness?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.